- To plan, manage, oversee and be responsible for all aspects of the health, safety and environmental matters for the Project.
- To advise and report to management and ensure the Project complies with its statutory obligations.
- To be responsible for health, safety and environmental control, update the Safety Management System Manual and ensure that all works adhere to the procedures and instructions.
- To manage the team of Assistant Safety Managers and ensure all duties and responsibilities required of them are discharged professionally and competently.
- Prepare a monthly status update for review with the cleints.
- Review of Main Contractor’s proposed method statement in the areas of risk assessment and safe working procedure, and to verify that they are properly executed on site.
- To keep up to date with changes in current legislation and to bring to the attention of the Project team any relevant new legislation.
- To ensure the notification of the Project team if the corrective action agreed after any workplace inspection is not implemented by the arranged date.
- Good communication skills and team player
- Degree in Engineering, Workplace Safety & Health Discipline or related qualifications
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in the construction industry
- Must be a registered Workplace Safety and Health Officer with MOM and have been practising as WSHO for at least 5 years
- Responsible for project construction health, safety, security and environment leadership and management.
- Require good judgement and the ability to render decisions and/or recommendations where WSH requirements and procedures are not clearly defined.
- Determined and committed to establishing strong occupational safety & health, and environmental practices
- Have knowledge and experience of domestic HSE legislation and is familiar with management international system standards such as ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, ISO31000 etc.